Monday, October 21, 2013

Are You Doing It Right? and more…

Enjoy the gift of today. Let the posts below challenge, inspire, and spark something inside of you.

Are You Doing It Right? and more…


 

Are You Doing It Right?

by Jennifer Pastiloff

Recently, a friend asked me, "Do you ever wonder if you're doing it right?"

Ivan, on his deathbed, asks, "What if my whole life has been wrong?" in Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Ilyich.

I had never read that story in high school or at NYU. Not until I went back to school, to community college in Santa Monica in my late twenties and living with my mother and stepfather, had I stumbled upon Tolstoy's work. I hated the class. It was in some kind of weird basement at the Santa Monica Airport campus, and I felt both smarter than everyone in the class and, at the same time, nothing more than a liar. A lying body in a pair of jeans sitting in a plastic chair. I had gone to NYU, and I was older than the girl next to me in the too tight BEBE halter top, but I couldn't focus; I couldn't keep up; I couldn't even listen to what the teacher was saying. Was she even saying anything at all, or were we just listening to planes fly overhead as we read overpriced textbooks?

...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

Maybe It's Time to Stop Busting Your Ass

by Bassam Tarazi

Two quotes have been going around lately which are laying waste to the original, "Good things come to those who wait."

They are:

"Good things come to those who…bust their ass."
Who Knows

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm the last guy to argue with the spirit of either of these new quotes. In fact, I love them, but I'm here to tone down the ass busting and to defend the context buried deep below the word "wait."

In Defense of "Waiting"

For creators, success is never just about solving problems, is it? It's about finding the right problems to solve.

Because if you're not careful, you can bathe yourself in any work (emails, texts, social media, non-critical stuff, too many projects) and still be no closer to a solution.

But even when you've found the right problems to solve, creators have to allow the right solutions to present themselves. And those creative solutions...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

Well done is better than well said.

by Positively Positive

Related Posts Taking full responsibility enables growth The time is always right to do what is right. Borrow trouble for yourself, if that’s your nature, but don’t lend it to your neighbors. You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.

     

 

More Recent Articles

 




Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment