Monday, November 11, 2013

The Art of Losing. and more…

Enjoy the gift of today. Let the posts below challenge, inspire, and spark something inside of you.

The Art of Losing. and more…


 

The Art of Losing.

by Jennifer Pastiloff

The art of losing isn't hard to master;

so many things seem filled with the intent

to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster

of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:

places, and names, and where it was you meant

to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

Elizabeth Bishop from "One Art"

I read this poem in my yoga class.

So many things lost. My friend's baby is dying, and tonight, when I asked her what I could do for her, she simply said, "curse the f*cking world that would do this to a baby."

I have lost my belief in you attract every single thing in your life somewhere between Ronan's deadly diagnosis and my nephew's rare genetic disorder. Something has been lost.

Ronan is now on medication through a tube taped to his face but no fluids. He will die most likely in three to eight days, and so, yes, I am cursing the world, and I...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

How to Stop Feeling Like You Can't Handle Your Life

by Ishita Gupta

I want to share a conversation I had with my client and friend last week about beliefs. Beliefs we think are totally true about ourselves, and no matter the evidence, we can't help believe them: I'm not racist. I am generous. I am smart.

Whatever your belief, can you relate?

My client (let's call her Jordan) is a stellar businesswoman with tons of charisma—a woman you look at and say, "She's got it." Jordan runs a company, and when we talked about her career, one belief kept creeping up: No matter how successful she was, Jordan didn't feel successful. In fact, she felt the opposite—like she couldn't "handle" things no matter how hard she tried. This made her feel like a fraud because a business owner is supposed to have stuff together. Right?

To be clear, Jordan is not a failure. Far from it. She has actually had great professional success. But because she feels she can't "handle it," she can't see the truth. That's why we were on the...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

More Recent Articles

 




Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment