Sunday, December 1, 2013

Make Room for Your Genius and more…

Enjoy the gift of today. Let the posts below challenge, inspire, and spark something inside of you.

Make Room for Your Genius and more…


 

Make Room for Your Genius

by Bethany Butzer, Ph.D.

I've been very busy lately. I launched a large yoga research project at a local school; I sold my house; and I'm dealing with a host of personal and professional obstacles. And while there's nothing wrong with being busy, I've noticed a pattern that's been coming up for me—a pattern that I think many of us fall prey to.

Tell me, does your life look something like this?

Wake up with just enough time to get to work. Skip lunch because you have a meeting or phone call or appointment. Rush home from work so that you can make it to ____________ (fill in the blank with something like "the gym" or "my night course" or "my son's soccer game" or "hockey practice"). Get home with just enough time to flip through an hour of reality TV before you drag yourself to bed (or pass out on the couch).

If your life follows this pattern, don't worry, you're not alone. As a culture, many of us have been trained to fill our lives with busy-ness.

But I would like to...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

Ethical Purification and Handstands, Finding the Balance

by Lockey Maisonneuve

"I just feel compelled to continue to be transparent. It just really levels the playing field and eradicates the shame that I have, or that one might have, about being human. So I'm going to just keep going."
Alanis Morissette

After being a personal trainer for nine years, I've grown from literally not knowing what a squat was to developing post-treatment exercise programs for cancer survivors.

Four years ago, when I discovered yoga after undergoing treatment and surgeries for stage-3 breast cancer, I soon discovered the difference between a "good workout" and "practicing" yoga. After participating in a yoga class, I found I was far more flexible than I thought would be possible after cancer treatment. I felt stronger and more energized then I did after the bootcamps I was teaching. And I was noticing my breath. I learned to be present in my body. I soon became a devoted yogi. I was still a personal trainer; I was just becoming a better personal trainer because...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

More Recent Articles

 




Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment