Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Be Nice to Strangers and more…

Enjoy the gift of today. Let the posts below challenge, inspire, and spark something inside of you.

Be Nice to Strangers and more…


 

Be Nice to Strangers

by James Altucher

"Did the mailman have red hair?" said the man in front of me in line, implying that my ex-wife had sex with a mailman and then she had my daughter, who has bright orange hair.

We were in line to get ice cream. I was with my illegitimate bastard, and the guy was a total stranger in line in front of me.

It was neat how he asked about my sex life and the legitimacy of my child all in one question.

I'm cool with that.

I said to him, "Yes, as a matter of fact, he did." Which is true. The mailman had red hair back then, when I lived in Tribeca, before I lost my home and all my money and dignity. And now, this man was kind enough to remind me of that.

Maybe my girl, whose affection I am buying with sugar, is not even related to me, and I've just revealed my deepest secrets to this total stranger who felt comfortable asking me about my sex life with my ex-wife.

I'm proud of me.

For no real reason.

As one reviewer of my magnum opus Choose Yourself! recently said,...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

5 Ways to Empower Your Kids for Greater Success & Happiness

by Jen Groover

The world children grow up in today is vastly different than the one many of us remember from our own childhoods.

As parents, we want more for our children than just academic and career success; we want them to believe in themselves, lead positive, purposeful, rewarding lives, and grow to become the best possible version of themselves. However, with their schedules jam packed with extracurricular activities, technology at their fingertips, and a whole new breed of school bullying, it is easy for a child to feel powerless in their own life.

It's now more important than ever to empower children by giving them the tools they need to develop their own identity and the personal strength to achieve their goals and become their own role models for positive living.

1. Teach Your Child That Their Uniqueness Is Their Power

Starting from a young age, it is important to ingrain in your child that the things that make them different from others are their greatest assets. Encourage them to...

Read the whole entry »

     

 

More Recent Articles

 




Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments:

Post a Comment